Friday, 25 April 2008

Ramblings of my idle brain ... Part 1

Once upon a time ... I don't know whether people know this or not ... TATA's were not allowed in Tirupathi Balaji Temple. So what did TATA do , they bought a hill near Pollachi (outskirts of Coimbatore) and built their own Balaji Temple , only for them .. until few years it was not open to ordinary Janta ... this was done about 20-30 yrs bk

Similarly ... SRK was not allowed to go in some match .. now he has his own cricket team ... Preity has her team .. mallaya has one ... it has now become such a bloody craze ... now on same lines ....of IPL ... here comes PPL (pakistan premier league) ...

To be honest I don't understand whether its a good thing or not ... yes ... both have their pluses and minuses ...

cricket is growing but classic cricket has gone ... give some tym .. u would be reading about test cricket in a history book ...

I am not against IPL matches ...

But I really don't want the cricket turn into 3 hr bollywood masala movie ...

I really hope ... they (classic / Modern cricket) co-exist in this mad rage of glamour and money ... and under all glitz ... the players shouldn't forget the true spirit of sport and sportsmanship ...

Savi

No comments: